Sunday, June 15, 2008

Curt's Big Day






Today Curt became a member of Redemption Lutheran Church. Curt was baptised when he was a baby but did not attend church regularly after that.
While we were going through our premarital classes before the wedding Pastor asked about children and religion. Curt said that he would like to have children that are raised in the church and I expressed my desire that he have a real role and a part of that fellowship. So from there Curt took classes at church.
(I attended too because Pastor said that would make me a good wife!)
The classes served for his Confirmation training as well. This saved Curt from having to sit through classes with the high schoolers! Today Curt "officially" joined a church community and I am so proud and happy for Curt. (My mom too; she had tears!) I hope that this will bring him more happiness as he deepens his understanding of our God as well as his role as a Christian.
Curt is holding a prayer shawl that the Health & Wellness Committee made for him.
It had a nice prayer card attached to it as well.

No comments: