Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Garden


This year my sister and I decided to grow a garden together; when my dad heard us talking about finding a community plot he told us we could have his backyard garden as long as he got three tomato plants. So yesterday, the garden was assembled. I can't take too much credit because Josie was in an extremely clingy mood yesterday afternoon and I wasn't able to get her out of my hands or lap for more than a second so I guess you can say Josie and I "supervised". My nieces were there as well too help; Karley loved doing all of this and Makenzie she loved to shovel dirt!We will see how our garden grows but we have strawberries, corn, sunflowers, peas, beans, carrots, muskmelon, tomato, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, broccoli , red and white onions as well as red, yellow, and green peppers! Wish us luck for an abundant harvest!


No comments: