Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Collin Jerry's Birth...

Collin Jerry
December 14, 2010
3:37 a.m.
7 lbs. 15 oz.
21 and 1/2 inches
is not a very exciting one but that's okay! Our due date was December 20th and my doctor was going to be leaving on vacation so we talked about being induced a few days early as long as it was favorable. On Monday the 13th I went in for my weekly check with the Dr. and I was dilated 2 and his head was pushing down; Dr. said I was ready to deliver at anytime so we decided on Wednesday to be induced. Well we never made it to that appointment! That evening Jennie came over for a visit and to pick up her cookies from the cookie exchange (13 dozen!) and I was achy but not crampy or uncomfortable so I thought it was just from my doctor's check. I went to bed around nine like normal and was up at 11:45...I went to the bathroom because I was having crampy feelings...thinking my tummy was upset because I had been battling the stomach virus that was traveling around our school. But the crampy didn't stop and was different than the stomach flu...I went back to the bedroom and told Curt that I thought I may be having Braxton Hicks but they kept coming so at midnight I started tracking on an ITouch app and they kept coming every 3-4 minutes and lasting about a minute. After about 30 minutes I called in to the 24 hour hotline because we had been induced with Josie I didn't even know the rules for when to go in as far as timing and contractions.

They started getting stronger and coming a bit faster as I was on the phone with the nurse and my sister. Jodi came to stay with Josie and we checked in around 1:30 a.m. I was already at a 7! Nurses asked if I wanted an epidural; yes I did, so they moved us to delivery right away and I had one done before our paperwork was even processed. By the time the epidural was done and Curt/my mom was allowed to come back into the room I was at a 9! Thank goodness they got that epidural in because at 3:37 a.m. and 6 pushes later our baby boy was here! 2 hours at the hospital; not even 4 hours from start to finish and he was here! I'm still shocked at the speed and ease of this delivery but I'm grateful for it and the health of Collin and me (as well as Curt and Josie!)

No comments: