Monday, April 20, 2009

Two Weeks Today!









Josie is two weeks today; tomorrow is our 2 week appointment so we will see how she has been growing tomorrow. She seems to want to eat all of the time so I would expect her weight to be back to her birth weight...she went down to 6-15 when we left the hospital. This has been another busy week; visitors every day again as well as my mother who had off for spring break so she came to sit with me and help with Josie every day. Today was mine and Josie's first day together; I missed the company of my mom but it was a nice quiet day.


Josie has been awake a lot more this week and having longer periods of alertness; she is very content to just look around the room at these times. She is holding her head up for a short time when we put her on her tummy. This week she also went in for newborn photos and lost her umbilical cord (which Curt and I never found--so either it ended up in the laundry or the dogs got it)! She loves the swing and gets the deepest sleep in it; it seems to settle her down more than laying on her back, I think it's the curves and shape of it that makes her feel like she's back in utero! Do you see her hair???? Either she's got Curt's hair and going to have a colic their or she's got my hair and has a little curl starting up top!

No comments: