Monday, June 15, 2009

Double Digits Baby! Josie is 10 weeks old!

Josie is 10 weeks old and doing some new things. She has rolled over once...it was a total fluke but it happened and we both were startled. I think she got so frustrated and mad about being on her tummy that it just happened with all her squirming and wiggling! She also has started using her hand as her pacifier...which is nice at night because once she spits it out she uses her hand to comfort her...hopefully she doesn't figure out that she has a thumb though!
Another thing she does that I love is when she puts her hands together; it looks like she's praying. I like that notion. We have a book of prayers for children that my sister gave her when she was born and we try to read one to her every night.
Josie also has been putting herself to sleep for a week now. Usually at about 9:30 we lay her down in the pack in play while she is awake and she'll settle herself down to sleep. It has taken anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes for her to fall asleep but she has not cried or been upset about it...that's our first step to sleep training. I'm proud of her but sad because it's less snuggle time with me but I know it's good for her and lucky for me that she doesn't 'need' to be rocked to sleep.

No comments: