Tuesday, July 14, 2009

From That to This!

So last August I signed up for a quilting class with my mother.
My mother is a wonderful quilter and definetly does not need a class but I did not want to be alone and I knew that I would need extra help that the teacher might have a hard time juggling in addition to her other students. You know...not being able to thread a needle or wind a bobbin but I wanted to tackle making a quilt! Here are all of the fabrics before...

And here they are after!

This is a sampler quilt; the purpose to teach different ways to cut, different patterns, and stiching techniques. I must say love the color palette above but the actual piece is a little busy for me so I'm hoping to make another but with fewer colors and block designs. I really like the star, pinwheel, and X blocks so I want to pick one of those and just repeat it over and over in a 5x4 block dimension.

And here it is being put to use and spit up on within 5 minutes of completion
Oh well, had to wash it anyways :)

And lucky we had a girl! I signed up for the class right after I found out we were pregnant and thought it would be a good size for a play blanket or crib. In the quilt shop I had a feeling it was a girl so I went with it and picked out the pinks. This took me 11 months to finish, what would have happened if we had a boy?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just testing

Preston and Rachel said...

I am very impressed. The quilt is beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you make next. You asked about our camera, it is just a little cannon power shot, nothing fancy. I would love to get a fancier one, someday. Sometimes I do edit my pictures and play with the color using www.picnik.com It is kind of fun to use, and free.