Sunday, February 20, 2011

8 weeks & 2 month check-up

Unfortunately I don't know how to turn the photo~
Collin weighed in at 12 pounds 4 ounces (64%) and 24.25 inches (90%).
His head was in the 38th percentile.
I was suprised by all of these numbers. I thought he weighed way more and I thought his head was way bigger because none of the hats that have come with his outfits fit his head! Thank goodness my mom has made him a bunch. He's a long one and at this rate will pass Josie up by one year's old!
Dr. S said that he was looking and sounding healthy so that's what makes me a happy mommy!
I was thinking about me and how I've changed between him and Josie.
1. I still worry but not half as much; with Josie I was anxious all the time and worried about something happening, something bad happening, it was exhausting. I still get riled and anxious over things but can usually move past them a lot better; the magic of the second child.
2. I still have lots of clothes but it's like half of what Josie had. I love to dress this kiddos but am also getting thrifty about how much they need; well that and there's less room with two! That's probably more affecting the change than me controlling myself :)
3. I don't need every gizmo out there for him; we used very few of them with Josie and don't feel the need for new things for him. However, we did get a new fancy diaper bag backpack and a new baby carrier. LOVE both of them.
4. I actually buy some second hand things. Usually from people I know so I can check the recall information. It gets a megacleaning still but I would have never even done this at first with Josie. Not so good at the random people because my germphobia kicks in but I'm working on it.
5. I can share him a little better. Whenever people held Josie I wanted her back right away so I could have a turn again! I still feel the same way now but I'm better with it.
hopefully all of this makes me a better mommy; sorry Josie that you had to be the experiment child!

No comments: