Friday, December 19, 2008

Scary Night = Practice Drive to St. Joe's

Curt, Baby Chiquita, and I had a scare last night. When I was out delivering cookies I slipped on some ice and fell. I landed on my knees and butt, however I still called the 24 hour triage nurse/on-call doctor for comfort and advice. About an hour later though when I went to the bathroom there was some blood, not a lot, but enough to freak me out (which really means nothing because I freak out quite easily these days). So Curt and I went down to St. Joe's to have it checked out. We were there about 3 to 4 hours; we heard the heartbeat strong and steady several times, felt her movement while there, had no contractions registered on the machine, and after a pelvic/cervical exam they found a little dark pool of blood (which means it's old) and no rips, tears, or sources of new blood. So how long the older blood was there not sure, I was having some light pains but the fall likely triggered more round ligament pains I'd been experiencing the day before. Today I am good, a little sore but I believe that's from taking a tumble. I've got no restrictions on me but I'm glad that today's a snow day and I'm laying low just because! That's our short story...please keep us in a prayer or two or hundred but it seems all has turned out fine but prayers are always a comfort. The silver lining to this all? We got to meet some great staff at St.Joe's where we'll deliver, Curt now knows how quick and easy it is to get to St. Joe for the real deal in April, we know to park on the 3rd floor of the parking structure to walk straight across to labor and delivery, and we have some paperwork filled out for when we deliver in April. As we left the nurses said see you in 17 weeks! That seems like a small number but yet an eternity away!

3 comments:

Preston and Rachel said...

I am glad that you and the little one are both okay (we can't wait to meet her!)and that the snow storm is giving you a long weekend to rest. We will keep you both in our prayers.

Jennie said...

How scary for you. We're very happy to hear that all is okay. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you are okay, Jamie. Hopefully you've not had any mishaps in this latest round of icy sidewalks. Oh, and I don't wish you a late delivery, but Tyler's bday is 4/14!