Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 3rd Anniversary Shaveonte!




Shaveonte is my little sister from the Big Brother/Big Sister program of Milwaukee. Closer to the end of the month we will have been sisters for 3 years! Our favorite thing to do together would be movies; we both love them and go together all of the time. We also spend a lot of time with my family for get-togethers, planting a garden every spring together, we've tried cooking a time or two, and we even took a loom weaving class together. On Wednesday we went bowling at the Serb Hall. We took my nieces Karley and Makenzie as long as well.
Shaveonte had the highest score of 120, Karley a 115, me a 103, and Makenzie a 70.
(Not bad! But not good either considering we had bumpers up!)
Shaveonte and Karley are like sisters themselves; they really enjoy and care about each other. Today when I picked up Karley she had made two friendship bracelets and a 4th of July card for Shaveonte. I thought it was very kind. And in the past Shaveonte has used her own allowance to buy Karley birthday presents. I think we are all lucky to have formed a bond together and I think we've all learned about being a better person too.

Here are some pictures of us in "action" and "cheesing" for the camera.

No comments: