Friday, July 1, 2011

Door County

I am proud to say that Curt and I went on our first adults only vacation; yep, no kids.
Curt has done this several times with fishing and hunting trips but I'd yet to try it.
For Father's Day I suprised Curt with a two night stay in Door County; we had gotten engaged their and I thought that would be a nice place to go back to. Curt's been talking about the two of us going alone for over a year now. I'm so glad we did!
On the way up we stopped at the Outlet Mall in Oshkosh, then we went to dinner at the Shoreline restaraunt (gift certificate for booking), then went to a play in the woods, after that we stopped at Not Yet Licked custard stand. The next day we went through the shops, found a quilting shop for me to buy and run with my mother teaching the classes (to dream), then had a couples massage, then went to lunch, took bitty naps, went hiking, went to dinner and walked through more shops and came back to watch cable TV since we don't have it; it was a luxury. On Sunday we went to breakfast at L.Johson's but the goats weren't on the roof, then packed up, stopped at the Outlet Mall to look for shoes for the both of us (no luck), and came home to our smiling kids who never knew we were gone but were happy to see us. My parents gave them a 10 so that makes me a bit more comfortable to try again...maybe in February for our anniversary?
Here we are before a Penninsula's Player Theatre show.
Great picture of us!

Cute little sandwhich that I had for lunch. We loved the restaraunt so much that we went back for dinner! We are totally creatures of habit!

This is outside of the wetlands preservation area where we went hiking for a little bit one afternoon.

At L.Johnson's for breakfast; that's Curt with his new friend.


When we came back the second night; the innkeeper had but a little Door County wine outside our hotel room. That was a nice little surprise. However, Curt and I don't drink wine; anyone interested in it???

No comments: